SAW A DEFICIENCY OF ACTIVITY IN THIS ECLECTIC GROUP...Hence this edition
1. According to Garuda Purana, there are 84 lakhs of these, out of which 21 are more dreadful than the others, and the most heinous specimens are seen here...What am I talking about here?
2. Which comparative failure in the recent soccer World cup (rather his best night came in a relatively immaterial match) has a name which in his native lingo means 'Pig Climber'?
3. Arent de Peyster,a sailor sighted this island in 1819. He was sailing on his ship 'Rebecca'. He named it after Edward Ellice, a British politician and merchant. This country changed its name and got independence from Kiribati, which itself has been renamed of late. Name the island country.
4. Which cult literary personality created a cocktail called Hangman's Blood whose ingredients are gin, whiskey, rum, port wine, brandy, stout and champagne?
5. If the Ranji trophy is trophy for seniors, Vijay Merchant trophy is for Under 17s, then what is for the Under 15s?
6. Which foreign diplomat with a prominent India connection coined the terms "Corporate Scandal" and "Conspicuous Consumption"?
7. When General Motors launches a model in Europe under the subsidiary Opel, the same auto models are released in America under which badge?
8. One on etymology, This word was first used to describe compositions set to choir music of the church. It derives itself from the Greek 'antiphonos' meaning verse response. Later through latin it got to present situation. Which word?
COMMENTS AND BRICKBATS welcome!